Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is the Parenting Skills Institute online class for divorcing parents the court-approved parenting class I’m supposed to take?
Yes, The Parenting Skills Institute class is court- approved and is totally online. We are one of only three parenting class providers approved by the Tennessee Administrative Office of the Court. We have been a court-approved provider of parenting classes for 21 years. Our certificate of completion is widely accepted by most states. You can click here to register and and begin your course immediately.
2. How do I sign up for the online parenting class?
3. Will I have to take any tests?
No. We provide short self-check reviews to enhance your learning experience. There is no pressure. If you miss one, the right answer appears. It’s fun to see how many you can get right! Florida does require their residents to achieve a 70% score. No other state has this requirement at the present time.
4. When do I receive my certificate of completion?
Your certificate is available immediately upon completion of the parenting class. You may print or download it in order to email it to your attorney. You may call or email us if you need additional help with your certificate.
5. What do I do with my certificate?
If you have an attorney, email your certificate to the attorney. If you are representing yourself, email the Parent Education Coordinator of your county and take a printed copy with you to court.
6. What device do I need to take the online class for divorcing parents?
7. When is the court-approved online parenting class available?
8. How long is the class?
9. If I can find a less expensive parenting class, why shouldn’t I take it?
This may be the only time you will take a parenting class. Shouldn’t it be the best one you can find? You and your children deserve the most helpful, valuable and timely parenting material that is available. We strongly recommend you check the curricula of any parenting class you are considering. Click here for a list of the topics our class covers.
10. Do I have to finish the Parenting Skills Parent Education and Family Stabilization class in one sitting?
11. Is this parenting course guaranteed to be accepted?
Yes. Most of the participants in our class take it to meet a legal requirement. When the courts see the topics covered on the certificate of completion, they realize the required curriculum has been fulfilled. Our course is a quality course that has been approved for years. If, however, your certificate is not accepted by your court, with written notice of decline, we will give you a full refund.
12. Does the Parenting Skills Institute certificate of completion expire?
13. Will I receive proof of enrollment when I register for the parenting class?
14. Is the information I submit to Parenting Skills Institute secure?
15. Is the class available in Spanish or any other language?
Our class is currently presented only in English, however, some students tell us they have successfully used Google’s free translation tool to complete the class in another language. You may find Google’s free translation tool at https://translate.google.com.
16. Is the Parenting Skills Institute class court-approved for all parents going through a divorce or custody issue?
17. We were never married. Is this the right class for us to take?
18. What are some of the topics covered in the class?
19. What type of pay,ments do you accept?